After a long wait, Acquisition Phase II is finally upon us. The second phase of the Acquisition update brings changes to custom mobs and droptables, among other things.
LEVEL & TIER SYSTEM
Custom mobs now have a level displayed in their nametag. For every 250 blocks from spawn, mob level increases by 1. This system was ultimately implemented to help new players get accustomed to custom mobs as mobs near spawn are easy to defeat, even with little to no gear. As you venture further from spawn, custom mobs become more dangerous.
Mob level impacts:
- Mob health
- Mob damage
- I -> Levels 1 - 10
- II -> Levels 11 - 30
- III -> Levels 31 - 50
- Mob skills - Skills may change between tiers, and/or new skills may be added
- More significant change in drops
Droptables are now more unified, and all mobs have a chance to roll onto rare drop tables. Looting does impact drop chances. We won't be releasing percent chances of item drops, you'll have to do some testing yourself if you want to figure them out. >:3 Droptables and chances aren't final, and we'll need your feedback to make sure rewards are well, rewarding, but also not too OP.
Once you've discovered a ruin, each ruin has a Memory Shard that you can click and it will add the ruin information to /ruins (also accessable via /faq and clicking on ruins).
Ruins also have a small chance of spawning Elite mobs. You'll know an Elite spawns as it sends a message to players within a radius of 50. Elite mobs follow the same level and tier system as regular mobs, however they have more skills, are more difficult to defeat, and have better drops. Drops follow the same rules as regular mobs; the higher the level, the better the drops. Elites cannot leave the ruin buffer region (~32 blocks) around ruins. If you lead them beyond this, they will despawn.
If you'd like to submit a ruin you've built to be added to Lucenrian Ruins, please post here. Requirements are discussed in the thread.
The Archivist NPC can be found at his temporary location in spawn just outside the crafting hall. This NPC will archive custom enchantment books, granting XP bottles and occasionally arcanyx. Archiving higher tier custom enchantment books has a higher chance of granting Arcanyx.
The Reprocessor NPC can be found at the back of the crafting hall in spawn. This NPC converts old, non-functioning special items into their new, working variants. You'll know if you possess these old items in your inventory because they will be visible in the menu when you open it.
Note: with old custom enchantment books, only one shows up in the menu at a time.
Known bug: If you have old uncommon dust, it will also think you have old common dust. You won’t be able to claim the old common dust as you don’t actually have it, but it shows up none-the-less.
- Lustrous Dust
- Custom enchantment books
- Unanalyzed Celenite
- Unanalyzed Ferrium
- Ancient Tomes
The tutorial area has been expanded to include an interactive tutorial that helps explain our custom items/gear and custom mobs. While the tutorial is optional for new players and can be skipped by speaking to the Tutorial Master NPC, skipping the tutorial means missing out on some starting gear the Blacksmith NPC helps you craft in the tutorial.
Existing players can checkout the tutorial by doing /tutorial. The tutorial can only be completed once.
- Increased XP orb and item merge radius
- Revamped tablist design
- Revamped MOTD design
- Revamped new user join design
- Changed bestiary in /faq to custom mob information (can still click it to access the bestiary, or use /bestiary)
- Changed dungeons info to ruins in /faq (dungeons still coming, just not here yet)
- Revamped /settings
- Revamped newbie on join book
- Removed Dolphin Disaster daily task after petition submission from a group of very distraught Undines
- Temporarily removed daily tasks with multiple targets due to bugs
- Revamped custom enchantment book design and added more information to book lore (old custom enchantment books won't work, speak to Reprocessor NPC to fix)
- Revamped antique tome design (same as above)
- Changed enchantment tiers:
- Common -> 1 star
- Rare -> 2 stars
- Legendary -> 3 stars
- Updated special items repository in /faq
- Updated NPC repository in /faq (still missing some)
- Expanded crusher inventory another row
- Updated some spawn NPC holograms
- Graphical update to distinguish raw and analyzed Celenite/Ferrium (convert old unanalyzed versions at reprocessor)
- Updated lockpick lore to indicate need to shift + right-click to use (convert old at reprocessor)
- Changed sit to double right-click for compatibility with some things
- Added tasks to economy in /faq
- Added new mobs to /bestiary
- Added toast notification upon unlocking a new mob in /bestiary
- Added toast notification upon completing a daily task
- New players now receive the starter guide on join in addition to it opening
- New players now have 4 hours of keep inventory/keep xp upon joining to help them find a home and get accustomed to custom mobs
- New /help command directory (Jobs, Marriage, McMMO, Towny still being revamped)
- Added starter guide for non-newbies (/starterguide to view)
- New convenience feature for Noble+ ranks; shift right-click while in the Crusher to transfer all items of same tier to crusher.
- New command to quickly grab your coordinates. Use /coords, click on coordinates in chat, then CTRL + A and CTRL + C to quickly copy coordinates.
- Added plague mechanic that removes entities that are too crowded. You can tell if it's the plague that killed them as they'll have black smoke appear on death. Most of the source of our lag is from entities, and we'd like to keep lag minimal. Some players have 20+ spawners in one location, which was reaching absurd numbers of entities very quickly. Also, mob farms substantially decrease natural mob spawning (e.g. custom mob spawning), to help remedy this though, we added ruins. However, we don't want farms to become unusable, so please give us your feedback when using mob farms and let us know how it feels, and we'll adjust as necessary. Also, let us know if the current settings have broken any farms and we'll work with you to get them functioning again.
- Added Progress Rank and Premium Rank to /profile
- Fixed title screen on login
- Hopefully fixed all daily tasks registration bugs. Please let us know if you continue to encounter issues.
- Custom mobs correctly give Mastery XP to those who are tier II in their race. Still working on balancing XP given.
- Personalized scoreboard
- Clue scrolls
- Updating chat tips/adding new tips
- Teleportation improvements perhaps
Thanks again for your support and patience during this update, and please continue to report bugs and provide feedback/suggestions on our Discord or forums.